Deborah offers Editorial Portraiture for Individuals and families, the H.S. Senior Experience, Proposals/Weddings and Special Events
I’ve been a professional photographer for over 3 decades. While living in the Colorado mountains for 15 years, and taking photo courses I launched my career as a photojournalist at a weekly newspaper, the Fairplay Flume.
In ’87, I attended the Ansel Adams Workshop and learned from some of the “greats” including John Sexton, Chris Rainier and Morley Baer. I was so inspired, I hung up my skis and moved to Santa Barbara where I was accepted to Brooks Institute of Photography. Graduating in ’91, I made the big move to S.F. After assisting 2 years, I launched my studio and developed a successful business in commercial and catalog photography for 16 years in downtown S.F.
Forced to move when my building was converted to high tech offices in 2012, I relocated my business to Marin County where I lived for over 24 years.
I’ve recently moved to Contra Costa County and live in the historic town of Martinez. I now offer a fresh and fun experience with high school seniors and family portraits on location.
“I capture the depth of my subjects and their passion in telling their stories through the lens of my camera. I call this “Outdoor Lifestyle Moments.” ”
- 5 CD covers, 1 book cover
- Fairfax Gallery – ‘Essence of Woman’ show
- Open Studios – SF – ‘Essence of Woman’ show
- ‘I Love My Body Now’ project ’81 to present
- Mercy Terrace Residence Home SF – ’65 and After’ portraits show
- Brooks Institute of Photography, ’91 BA
- Colorado Press Assoc. Award
- Photojournalist – Park County Republican/Fairplay Flume newspaper